The vehicle is running normally, and the steering wheel shakes severely when the brake pedal is depressed.
1. In principle: during braking, the uneven force on the circumference of the brake drum causes up and down movement. The fault is result in the front axle jitter.
2. Common failure points are:
①The working surface of the brake shoe is uneven and the brake chamfer is too small;
②The brake drum is out of round;
③The steel rim is deformed or the surface of the brake drum is not smooth;
④The surface of the brake drum and the steel rim is not smooth.
1. Check that the surface of the brake shoe is flat and the chamfer is normal; if the chamfer is too small, polishing the chamfer accordingly.
2. Check whether the brake drum is out of round; if yes, go for boring treatment.
3, The steel ring is deformed or the contact surface with the brake drum is uneven. If the steel ring is deformed, better to go for replacement. If the contact surface with brake drum is uneven, go for boring treatment.
4. The contact surface of the brake drum and the steel ring is uneven. Go for boring treatment.
1. Be sure to determine the working conditions when the problem occurs: there is no fault during normal driving, and the front axle trembles only when the brake is applied.
2. In the process of problem inspection, check the brake drum and steel ring single; firstly, determine whether the rotating parts are out of round or out of balance.
3. The inspection process is comprehensive to partial, from easy to difficult, reducing workload.